Monday, January 29, 2018

WIPocalypse 2018 January Check In

Good Morning Stitchy Friends -

Wow! I can't believe January is almost over already! I am glad that it is closer to being Summer again but holy smokes time sure does fly!

It is time for the monthly check in for the WIPocalypse 2018 group that I joined this year. The goal for this group is just to encourage you to work on and finish some or all of your older wips that you have had for awhile. We all can use that I think!

Here is my progress on my WIPS during the month of January:

First up is little Witzy and I was able to finish this one! I think he is super adorable :) I plan on making him into a Christmas ornament instead of a little card as he was originally intended.

Here is where he was at the beginning of the month:


And here is finished:


Next I worked on my Heaven and Earth King Coda Story Teller from Heaven and Earth Designs. This is artwork by Aimee Stewart and is the Super Size Max Colors Version. 

Here is where I was at the beginning of the month:

                             


And here is where I got to:


I was able to finish Page 2! Only 152 more pages to go!! :D 

I also worked on my Heaven and Earth Design called Heavens Little Angel by Katerina Koukiotis.

Here is where I was at the beginning of the month:


And here is where I got to:



I almost have a page finish, only about 200 more stitches to go and page 1 will be done!

I also worked on my February Cottage of the Month from Country Cottage Needleworks. I would like to try and stitch one of these every month this year.

Here is where I was at the beginning of the month:


And I was able to finish this one!


My last WIP that I worked on was my Forest Snowfall from Country Cottage Needleworks. I am doing some alterations and add ons to mine to make it a little different.

Here is where I was at the beginning of the month:


Here is where I am right now: 



I am still working on this one and hope to have it completely finished in the next couple of days.

Also during the month of January I had a new start and a finish. This is the Gingerbread Tree by Little House Needleworks:



My goal is to try and stitch at least one Christmas Ornament and one Halloween Ornament each month. I completed the Christmas but have to start a Halloween one still. 

Last I had to start the new Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery Into the Jungle SAL when the pattern released on the 15th. It was the little sloth and it was too cute not to stitch right away! 


                                    

Here is a closer view of my fabric: Crafty Kitten July 2016 Limited Edition



Speaking of SALs that is the question that Melissa from Measi's Musings asked the WIPocalypse members this month. What SAL’s are you participating in this year? and If you are participating in the Olympic Stitching Challenge, what challenge are you accepting?  What are your goals?

Here are the SALs I plan on trying to participate in this year. Sometimes it is hard with my work schedule so I will just try and do the best I can!

Frosted Pumpkin Into the Jungle (would like to try and keep up on this one)
Stitch from Stash
Various Stitch Maynia ones through the year
Various Full Coverage Fanatics ones through the year
Wipocalypse

Those are the main groups I try and participate in the SALS with. My goal is just to try and participate in some, my schedule is horrible at times so it can be tough.

If I get to do the Stitching Olympics with the Wipocalypse Group it would be for the rotation category :)

Thanks for checking out my January Wrap-up! Have a great stitchy week!
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Your little duck ornament is ADORABLE!! You stitched so much this month. That HAED progress is crazy. And yes, the FPS sloth was too adorable to hold off on! I can't wait to watch your progress Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness you have been busy! I love all your finishes. The extra animals you've added to Frosty Forest are perfect. Way to get creative!! You've made great progress on your full coverage pieces too. GO you! Stitch on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two finishes for this month update...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!