Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A START and a FINISH!

Hello Stitchy Friends!

Today I wanted to share with you my first START and FINISH for 2018! My goal is to stitch more Christmas ornaments for our tree this year. I loved seeing quite a few stitchers posting their gorgeous trees with their cross stitched ornaments on facebook, flosstube and instagram this last Christmas and I want to have mine filled as well :) I didn't have any for my tree last year. I had some stitched just not FFO'd to put on there. So that is another goal this year also...FFO my finishes! Just need to learn to sew first - LOL!

Anyway...I joined the facebook group Little House and Country Crafts Stitching Group and they have a monthly SAL challenge to stitch an ornament. PERFECT! So I decided to pull out and stitch one that has been on my "to stitch someday" list for quite awhile. I went through my fabrics and found a piece that came in one of those ornament cut grab bags that I had purchased quite awhile ago from 123stitch that would look nice with it and got busy! I started this January 3rd and finished it January 6th and it was my first finish of the year so far.

Here is Gingerbread Tree by Little House Needleworks:



I found some cute gingerbread cutter style fabric on Etsy and will use that to FFO this once I learn how to use my sewing machine. Goal for this year! I was going to use beads for the eyes and buttons but decided to try and do french knots as the pattern called for. I am not very good at those yet but I never will be if I don't try them. Overall I am pretty happy how it turned out :)

This design was located in the Just Cross Stitch Magazine from July/August 2010.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stitching!
Laura

Design Details:
Name: Gingerbread Tree by Little House Needleworks
Fabric: unknown grab bag fabric - seemed like a 28 count Jobelan
Stitched: 2 over 2 Full Cross 
STARTED: January 3rd, 2018
FINISHED: January 6th, 2018 
Pattern can be found in the Just Cross Stitch Magazine issue July/August 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!