Wednesday, January 17, 2018

First FFOs for 2018!

Hi Stitchy Friends!

Hope this year has been good to you so far and you are getting loads of stitchy time! I decided to try and FFO my Mill Hill ornaments this morning that I stitched in honor of my Grandma and Grandpa who have both passed. My goal is to stitch an ornament in their memory every year for our tree. Last year I stitched these Jim Shore Mill Hill kits for each of them because I wanted something with a cardinal on it. These were my first time stitching Mill Hill kits and they were really a fun stitch to do.

I stitched the Festival Friends Santa for my Grandpa and the Angel With Cardinal for my Grandma. Here they are all finished:



I think they turned out pretty nice! I backed them with a thick felt and made hangers using leftover beads from the kit. I saw that idea about using the beads from one of the Schoolhouse Stitcher's flosstube videos.

I am excited to make more of these ornaments they turn out so pretty and are a fun stitch!

Have a great stitchy week and thanks for stopping by today!

Laura

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!