Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Cottage of the Month is FINISHED!

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you are having a great morning so far! I posted my WIPocalypse January Wrap Up post a few days ago to go over all of the things I worked on during the month. One of my projects that I started early in January was my February Cottage of the Month from Country Cottage Needleworks and I was able to get it finished during January also! YAY!

Here is what my finish looks like:



I used all of the called for floss and even stitched it on the called for fabric. The only additions I made was to add some little Mill Hill beads for the dove's eyes (they had none charted) and I added a small gold bead for a doorknob on the door. I know some people have swapped the darker pink floss for a little darker one but I decided not too. At times I was a little concerned it may be too close to the lighter pink, especially when I was stitching the cottage but after it was done the overall look is pretty cute. I am happy with it. I now have January and February cottages stitched, I just need to figure out how I want to FFO this set and get going on that also! My goal is to try and stitch one of these each month.

I don't think I have shared my January Cottage on my blog, so here it is:


This one the only change I made was to stitch the snow with 1 strand of Pearl Kreinik with one strand of white DMC to add some sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by today! Take care!
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!