Friday, April 28, 2017

Lesley Teare - Victorian Angel Letter "S"

Hello Stitchy Friends!

Today I wanted to share a finish that I had on March 31st of this year. I actually started this one for Stitch Maynia last year and had only worked on it the day I started it until March of this year when I picked it back up to get it done. It is the Lesley Teare - Victorian Angel Letter "S" that I stitched as my 2016 Remembrance Ornament for my Grandma Shirley. I plan on stitching an ornament for my Christmas Tree every year in honor of my Grandma and Grandpa both. I still need to FFO it.
Here are my progression pictures:


This picture is what the design will be similar to. The one I did did not have a finished picture just the chart. This alphabet is found in the hardback book called Cross Stitch Angels.


This was my progress on the day I started it for Stitch Maynia 2016. I started on May 2nd, 2016.



This was my progress after working on it March 27, 2017. This was the first time I had worked on it since starting it back for Maynia!


Here is the finish on March 31st, 2017. I did a few changes to the design when I stitched it. I used Wisper White thread for the wings to give them some texture and softness. I also added mill hill beads in the flowers and her head piece instead of doing French Knots.

Now I just need to get my ornaments FFO'd one of these days! Hopefully before Christmas!

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a lovely stitching week!
Laura

Design Details:
Name: Victorian Angel Letter "S" - Lesley Teare - Cross Stitch Angels Book
Fabric: 28 Count White Opalescent Cashel Linen
Stitched: 2 over 2 
Changes Made: Used Wisper White thread for wings & mill hill beads in flowers instead of French Knots
STARTED: May 2nd, 2016
FINISHED: March 31, 2017

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!